Friday, November 6, 2009

About as random as can get...

Ah blogs, blogs, blogs, blogs, blogs. Whenever I sit down to write, I can never quite seem to remember what I’ve done since the last blog. Thus I always end up writing about all the really random and obscure things I’ve done that honestly don’t even relate to Norway. But regardless…

The other day I was watching What I Like About You and this particular episode was about Val who is about to get married only the wedding, it turns out, is not star themed like she thought but Star Wars themed… The only thought I had during that entire show was ‘That would be kind of awesome’. Seriously. As long as Jabba the Hutt is nowhere in sight you’re golden and who wouldn’t want to be married by Darth Vader? The sad thing about this little spiel is I’m actually about 62% serious about this and only 38% sarcastic…But just so we’re all clear, I am not actually saying I want to have a Star Wars wedding. Because I don’t. If I went in the direction of really nerdy themes I could probably find something else… So. Now that all of you think I’m insane we can move back to Norway.

Erm actually one more sidetrack. The premier of New Moon is coming up and sparknotes has offered some very good advice on what to do which I thought I would share with you.

"1. Buy tickets to the midnight showing, which is sure to be packed with die-hard fans, and dress up as Harry Potter.

Wave your wand at horrified onlookers while angrily rubbing your lightning scar. After you purchase your tub of popcorn, loudly explain to the crowd that Lord Voldemort has returned, and you will need their help to defeat him. To prove your wizarding powers and the earnestness of your cause, claim that you will make your tub of popcorn levitate across the room. Then hurl it across the room with all your might. If possible, his someone wearing a "BITE ME EDWARD" t-shirt right in the face. BOw grandly, then proceed to enter the theater. At the most suspensful, climactic moment in the movie, shout "SNAPE KILLED DUMBLEDORE. WE CANNOT LET THIS INJUSTICE GO UNPUNISHED." As you are dragged out by security, scream that everyone in the audience is a death eater and a traitor, and is responisble for the end of all that is good in the world.

3. Show up to the premier covered in garlic butter.

Wear a giant silver crucifix around your neck. And carry a cross bow stocked with silver-tipped arrows. If anyone asks your name, glower and respond, "Your Worst Nightmare.""

-Sparknotes

Brilliant? I should say so.

And now back to Norway.

The exchange students had another get together. This time in Gjøvik. It was pretty awesome…basically we just…I don’t really know. There was a fancy dinner with all these Rotary people (it was their big fall meeting I think). That was quite long… But they also took us ice skating which was entertaining to say the least. (The blades were very dull). Aside from that, they also took us to Hunderfossen Family Park where we got a private tour, it was very much awesome. Hunderfossen, for those of you who don’t know (I certainly had no idea what it was until I got there) is Norwegian Fairytale land. There is a statue of a giant Troll who, as our tour guide told us, was apparently turned to stone by the sun (at which point I shouted out “Like in The Hobbit!!!!!” …no one else seemed to get it). It’s such a cute place though I loved it! Perhaps I will make my family visit it with me when they come… Another thing they showed us in the park was a panoramic movie about Norway. Or actually the landscape of Norway. I wish I could see everything they showed us in real life, it’s all SOOOO beautiful!!!! So that was Gjøvik. Kind of. I left out the boring stuff…or most of it at least. Oh and afterwards I had one of the other exchange students from Wyoming come and stay a couple days with me, which was fun.

And let’s see… oh yes. Halloween (which, might I add, also happens to be dearest mother’s birthday-I love you mom!!!). Umm I’ll just put a picture up in my next blog, I’m not very adept at explaining costumes and I havent’s loaded the pictures onto the computer yet so… But besides dressing up we carved pumpkins at Maria’s house. And then watched the Blair Witch Project. Mom, Dad, I’m really sorry but I don’t think I will ever be able to go backpacking in the forest ever again. So scary… L

So…that’s really all I can think of for now. I will hopefully have more pictures up soon.


Actually, since I have no new pictures loaded on my computer, here are some I took from language camp :D

I ate one of these. I can show you a picture of my reaction in the next blog. It was great...



Here's my work...



Look closely, can you spot anything wrong with this picture??


This was one of the last days. You can see how out of it we were. Living off coffee and...well that was about it.





The fridge in our rooms didn't really work, this is how we kept the drinks cold.




...no comment



Jean-Baptiste, Henry, Kate :D



So this is what we did with our spare time...




And this is the result of no sleep whatsoever.
One last thing. Apparantly that time I said it was snowing, it was "sleet" (lies, it WAS snow) but regardless, it has since been snowing...just not sticking.
And Ariana...can I just ask, why do I need an umbrella from Norway??

3 comments:

  1. I love your sparknote-thingy. Also the picture of the people walking in the forest is really annoying. I have been staring at it for five minutes - I can't find anything wrong. I was sort of waiting for something to jump out of it. Oh well. And also Hunderfossen is hilarious. Although I last went there when I was .. 8? It would probably still be fun. Trolls are fun. Long comment. See ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. KK, I think that photo of the hikers was not in Norway. I do not remember any trees that big there. Rocko says hi. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. note to self. do not let kk have anything to do with planning my wedding.

    ReplyDelete